The Drama Therapy Fund annually offers scholarships toward conference registration fees for the annual conference of the North American Drama Therapy Association. Please check the NADTA website for information on dates and place of this year's conference at: www.nadt.org
WHO IS ELIGIBLE: Any member of the North American Drama Therapy Association or any credentialed drama therapist from an international organization.
AMOUNT OF SCHOLARSHIP: Scholarship will cover registration for NADTA Conference (Friday through Sunday) in whatever registration category applicant is in. It will not cover the Pre-Conference registration on Thursday. The recipient's conference registration will be paid for them in full by the Drama Therapy Fund; however, they will still need to fill out registration paperwork.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 1st when the conference is in November.
NOTIFICATION: Applicants will be notified of their acceptance or rejection by September 15th or before the deadline for early conference registration discounts have passed.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION: A limited number of scholarships will be awarded based on the following criteria:
1. Evidence of financial need.
2. Quality of essay.
3. Arrival on or before deadline. (If mailing by post, send early enough for application to arrive by deadline! Applications which arrive after deadline will not be considered.)
4. Distance from region in which Conference
is being held.
6. Ability to actually be able to financially∞ afford attending the conference with the additional help provided by the scholarship.
7. Student status and Members over 65 with financial need will be given priority.
8. International members who have monetary exchange rate difficulties will be given priority.
9. Individuals who have done volunteer work for NADTA will be given priority.
REQUIRED REPORT: The Drama Therapy Fund requires that within 60 days of the end of the Conference, all recipients of scholarships send a one to two page essay about what they learned at the Conference and how they will apply it to their drama therapy work.
PROCESS: At the top of your 1-2 page essay of need, list your:
Email required information and essay to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acceptable method: mail via post to:
Sally Bailey, Treasurer
THE DRAMA THERAPY FUND